SALTED CARAMEL COFFEE RECIPE
You don't need to go to any store to enjoy salted caramel coffees. You can enjoy all the coffee drinks from your home. And you can even add more ingredients for extra flavors. If you are a coffee lover that likes to experiment, then you should gather your ingredients and try these recipes.
Let's dive in
SALTED CARAMEL LATTE
You’d be enjoying a sweet, salted caffeinated drink that is topped with caramel drizzle and whipped cream. Who wouldn't love that? If you are interested in drinking anything sweet and salted, then you are in for a treat. There won't be any need for you to start making the recipe from scratch, just follow the shortcut of getting caramel sauce online.
You can also make the fluffy cream toppings for the drink by yourself, it is very easy when you use a handheld milk frother. You can steam your milk with a microwave on the stove top for about 30 or 40 seconds. It is the best device to use for whipping cream in no time.
Also, you’d be needing strong coffee made with a French press or Moka Pot or two shots of espresso. Note that the salt to be used for this recipe is sea salt. It is the best salt that you can use for salted drinks. It is normally used to balance out the sweetness e coffee or cake recipes.
What You’ll Need
- 1 cup of strong coffee brewed with fresh coffee beans
- 2 teaspoons of caramel sauce, add more for drizzling
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt, add more for sprinkling
- ¼ cup of milk
- For the salted caramel toppings, we’d be using 2 teaspoons of caramel sauce
- 2/4 cup of heavy cream.
- It's time to make the salted caramel toppings. You’d have to use the handheld frother we mentioned to whisk the heavy cream and the caramel sauce together. After that, set the mixture aside.
- Froth your milk: Allow the milk to simmer on the stove for some seconds, ensure that it doesn't boil, from boiling, it could burn. Or microwave it for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Then pour the heated milk into your French press, place the lid on properly, and keep moving the plunger up and down. You should be fast with this, at the same time, make sure you are holding the lid down.
- There is another option of heating and frothing your milk without stress, all at the same time with an espresso machine (use the steam wand to froth) or an electric frother.
- Then pour the brewed coffee into a mug, add the salt, frothed milk, and caramel sauce. Stir the mixture properly. Go ahead and top the drink with the salted caramel toppings and garnish it with more caramel sauce and a sprinkle of salt.
TIP: To make espresso, only pull two shots of espresso, then use 3/4, not 1/4 cup of whole milk. If you are making strong coffee, grind 2-3 tablespoons of whole coffee beans using a burr grinder and brew a strong cup of coffee using any of the brewers.
SALTED CARAMEL MOCHA LATTE
The salted caramel mocha is obtained from the mocha latte. It is a delicious drink made with a shot of espresso, chocolate syrup, and steamed milk. A mocha is almost the same as a latte, the only difference is that chocolate syrup is mixed with the coffee. The preparation time for this recipe is 5 minutes.
What You’ll Need
- 1/2 of strong coffee or espresso
- ½ teaspoon of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of caramel ice cream toppings
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup.
- First, you have to brew your coffee or pull a shot of espresso.
- Then mix the sea salt and sugar properly and set them aside.
- Heat the following ingredients- the caramel sauce, milk, a pinch of salt, and the chocolate syrup until it gets hot. Make sure you don't allow the milk to boil.
- Remove it from heat and use an Aerolatte to froth or use a blender.
- Pour the milk into your brew coffee. Then top it with extra caramel toppings and sprinkle the sugar and salt mixture. Serve and enjoy.
SALTED CARAMEL COLD BREW WITH COLD BREW
You can make a fantastic salted drink with cold brew concentrate, salt, cold foam, sit on your couch and enjoy. This refreshing beverage is the iced version of the famous salted caramel latte. It is still made with sea salt, caramel sauce but what makes it different is the addition of the homemade cold foam and the cold brew concentrate. The drink tastes better when it is made with cold brew. You can use any machine that produces strong cold brew coffee like the French press.
NOTES ON THE INGREDIENTS
Cold brew coffee: It is super easy to make at home. You can make this delicious coffee while sleeping. Yes, you read that right, while sleeping. All you have to do is to steep coffee grounds in a jar for 12 to 24 hours. Then you’ll have a highly caffeinated concentrate. You can read our cold brew guide to find out more.
Remember that you have to use freshly roasted coffee beans to make the cold brew, you won't want to use stale coffee that can spoil the taste of your concentrate and eventually ruin your salted caramel cold brew.
Caramel Sauce: We’d say it is too much work to start making your caramel sauce at home, except you want to. You can order a bottle and save time. It is better to buy a high-quality caramel sauce if you want to get a rich-tasting coffee.
Sea Salt: Adding salt to the drink is a must if you want to elevate the coffee to another level. If you use salt for almost everything, you’ll notice that sea salt is way better than regular salt.
Use half cream and milk, but you can use only milk if you like.
Syrup: The best option here is to make a simple syrup. It will sweeten the cold foam. It can easily be made by mixing one part sugar and one part hot water.
Ice Cubes: You have to add ice cubes drink. It will help to layer the cold foam properly on the coffee drink.
- Make the cold foam: Add half portion of cream and milk to the syrup into your French press, then pump it vigorously with the plunger.
- Make the cold brew the previous day, store it inside a refrigerator. Bring it out and mix it with caramel sauce inside an airtight container and shake again.
- Now put the salted caramel coffee inside a cup, add the ice cubes, then add the cold foam.
There are different options for coffees to use. As we mentioned, the best way to make this drink is to use the cold brew method. But you can also use strong coffee from any coffee machine like the Moka pot, then allow it to cool down. You can also pull one or two shots of espresso and allow it to cool in the refrigerator.
TIP: If you don't own a French press, you can make the cold foam with your blender. If you are making this drink for yourself, a mini blender will work perfectly.
WHICH AIRTIGHT CONTAINER IS BEST FOR SHAKING THE INGREDIENTS?
You can use a cocktail shaker to make the salted caramel coffee. But you can use a water bottle or any jar with a tight lid.
CAN I MAKE THE COLD FOAM WITH ANOTHER DEVICE?
If you don't have a French press, you’d have to work with a handheld frother. It will add air to the milk, but it won't be so frothy.
There you have it, the best type of salted caramel coffees to experiment with. As you were reading, you must have noticed we mentioned that you should brew your coffee with freshly roasted coffee beans . If the coffee doesn't taste good, the recipe will be ruined. We wouldn't want you to experience any of that. That is why we have made it very easy for you to order coffee beans online.
You get to choose coffee with different flavors that will blend with your salted caramel coffees. You'd find coffee with chocolatey, nutty, fruity, and floral flavor notes. Click here to order some and start experimenting.